What is Post Cycle Therapy?
PCT or Post Cycle Therapy is needed to restore the body’s natural hormonal background after a course of anabolic steroids.
There will be a loss of muscle mass anyway. The natural level of the sex hormone testosterone is several times lower than the course. Its exogenous production is about 50 to 130 mg per week. On the course, some use up to 1000 mg, or even an order of magnitude higher. It is these hormones that are responsible for the body’s ability to build and maintain excess muscle. The loss of muscle mass after the regimen is directly proportional to the dosages of AS (anabolic steroids). The higher they were, the stronger the “reversal”.
It should be clear that the main function of PCT after a testosterone cycle (or drugs such as turinabol, methandrostinolone or “methane”, propionate, nandrolone decanoate, donabol, sustanon, boldenone, stanozolol) is not to “dry out “or get a little more on as some would like, and not even save muscle. Post-cycle therapy is designed to minimize the loss of increased muscle mass as much as possible.
Main tasks of PCT after steroid course
For effective recovery, we must:
- Resume normal testosterone synthesis as soon as possible and reduce the level of female hormones (estrogen), which in the post-cycle period will be more than normal due to the increased aromatization of testosterone, that is, from its natural conversion to estradiol.
- Restore libido and spermatogenesis.
- Lower cortisol levels by reducing exercise volume, reducing work weights and physical activity. The body in the post-course period is weakened and can not recover with the same strength as when taking drugs. Without reducing the load, you simply “burn” your muscles.
To start PCT after a steroid course, you must first wait for the artificial hormone to leave the bloodstream. To do this, we take into account the decay periods of the various substances. For example, in methane, stanozolol or testosterone propionate, this period is a maximum of 2-3 days, while in enanthate, susta or deca it is delayed by 2-3 weeks.
Post Cycle Therapy is designed to solve the following list of problems:
- decreased production of one’s own testosterone;
- elevated cortisol levels in the blood;
- high estrogen levels;
- depressed state;
- a decrease in the overall metabolic rate.
There are other equally important problems that post-cycle treatment after taking steroids can solve. Among them:
- increased libido, establishment of natural spermatogenesis;
- liver recovery after the course;
- lower cholesterol levels;
- normalization of the pressure.
All activities must be completed together, so you can leave the course safely and without loss.
Drugs that used for PCT after steroid course
Weak anti-estrogen, powerfully restores libido and natural testosterone production. The most common drug for PCT. It can be used after any kind of steroid, including a course of turinabol, methandrostinolone or “methane”, propionate, nandrolone decanoate or “deca”, donabol, sustanon or “susta”, boldenone, stanozolol. The doses and duration of administration depend on the doses and duration of the development of AS.
Consider three common options:
- For PCT after light courses (for example 50-100 tablets methane (danabol) or stanozolol, turinabol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate), 5-7 days with 100 mg of the drug (2 tablets) a day and 10-12 days 50 mg is enough .
- For PCT after a course of approx. 1.5-2.5 months duration, where more than one drug is used, we take 12-14 days for 100 mg, then 15-20 days for 50 mg of clomiphene.
- For heavy cures at high doses, including three or more medicines lasting more than 2 months, take 3 days of 150 mg (3 tablets), then 15 days of 100 mg and 20 days of 50 mg Clomid.
A powerful anti-estrogen, but restoring the natural level of testosterone contributes less to it. It is often used as an antiestrogen in AS at a dose of 20 mg per day. day.
Nolvadex should not be used during or after a cycle of progesterone-active drugs such as nandrolone, trenbolone, oxymethalone (Anadrol). It enhances the effect of progesterone, and with it the side effects!
For other substances with easy courses, you can use the dosage:
- first day 80mg;
- 7-10 days for 40 mg;
- another 15 days at 20 mg.
A powerful anti-estrogen used during the cycle and 2-3 weeks after it. The drug blocks the aromatization reaction (conversion of excess testosterone to estrogen), as well as unwanted side effects, including gynecomastia.
The average dose is 0.5 to 1 mg per day.
Powerful aromatase inhibitor. The drug restores LH, FSH and increases testosterone production in a natural way. It is used both on the course and after it. It handles gynecomastia well and eliminates it quickly. It is advisable not to exceed the dose because one is driving estradiol to zero, which is not good and reduces libido.
The average dose of letrozole is 0.5 to 2 mg a day.
Anti-estrogen, blocks the aromatization reaction, increases libido. You should use it at the end of the course or before PCT because Proviron is an androgen and even though it is a little, it inhibits the “native” production of testosterone.
Dosage 50mg pr. day, preferably divided into 2 times.
Reduces prolactin levels, should be used with active progesterone drugs such as trenbolone and nandrolone (Deca). It perfectly fights gynecomastia, restores libido and increases testosterone production.
The average dose of cabergoline is 0.5 to 1 mg per week
Gonadotropin causes the testicles to continue producing testosterone while AS inhibits this function. This is why gonadotropin is used throughout the duration of steroid use and 2-4 weeks after (in PCT). If you only use hCG afterwards, it will not work well. It is best to maintain the function of testosterone production in the testicles throughout the course.
The average dose is 500 to 1500 gonadotropin units per week.
Cortisol is reduced by anti-catabolics such as:
- a growth hormone;
They are used both throughout the course and on PCT.
Main rules for PCT
It is wrong to start after cycle treatment immediately after the end of hormone intake. It is recommended to wait until the testosterone level drops below 12 nmol/l.
Until this time, you can continue to take prolactin and estradiol blockers if there are reasons for this, which are determined individually. The reason is that high prolactin and estradiol block natural testosterone production. Therefore, blockers are sometimes prescribed even during the PCT period.
Which tests must be taken before the PCT?
To choose the right recovery regimen after a steroid course, you need to pass several tests. Among them:
- hematology (KLA) to determine the viscosity and quality of blood and the definition of inflammatory processes;
- blood biochemistry, which will show whether it is necessary to restore the liver and kidneys;
- hormone tests (among the mandatory LH, FSH, testosterone, extraradiol, cortisol, prolactin);
- thyroid hormone test.
If you want to choose a diet without consulting a doctor, you need to know the breakdown time of anabolics after the cycle and only start PCT after this process is completed.
10 advice of PCT after steroid course
These rules have a general reinforcing nature and are only part of the therapy after an anabolic steroid course! They do not cancel membership in the post-PCT regimen.
- Deep sleep 9 hours;
- Light exercise (up to 50%) during the treatment period and at least one month after the end of treatment (increase the load as the forces arrive);
- Walk every day or every other day for 40 to 60 minutes (contributes to a different blood flow in the groin area);
- Recreation in nature the more often the better (contributes to improvement through psychological relief and walks);
- 1-1.2 grams of fat per. 1 kg weight (do not forget unsaturated fat);
- Enhance your diet with foods that contain zinc (poultry, meat, eggs, seeds, nuts, cocoa);
- Several vegetables (especially pumpkin and avocado) and green vegetables;
- Vitamin E400me a day for one month, the second month 200ME;
- Vitamins from group B6 take 30-50 mg / day (preferably before meals);
- In the evening a steak on an electric grill (fish / meat), with a glass of wine (wine a few times a week up to 200 grams);